I brought it in Mar 2011 with 10,200 miles on it. To keep it safe from damaging car accidents, youll also need to invest in, Common 2007 Saturn Outlook problems to watch out for, The 2007 Saturn Outlook has only a few recalls, but it isn't free of hiccups. Reliability data is scant, but it's safe to say the 2007 Saturn Outlook's life expectancy is up to 150,000 miles. The base V-6 Aura undercuts V-6 versions of the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry by thousands of dollars, but with todays volatile fuel prices, the lack of a four-cylinder option is puzzling, regardless of the Auras upmarket positioning. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. This car combines great performance, style, and reliability with super dealership support. Is it time to move on? 2007 Saturn Aura Wiper Motor | Advance Auto Parts 2007 Saturn Aura Prices, Reviews, & Pictures | U.S. News The clear-lens taillights feature LEDs. In the Aura's case, it uses a stretched version of the "Epsilon" platform that's also employed for the Pontiac G6 and Chevrolet Malibu Maxx. GM has been hyping the quietness of its Buick models lately, but perhaps it needs to highlight Saturn. Great warranty, and very reliable. If youre most concerned with how the car holds up on the inside, the Aura comes up short when compared to the competition. General Motors LLC (GM) notified the agency on April 29, 2014, that they are recalling 56,214 model year 2007 and 2008 Saturn Aura vehicles. It been happen every week.I be driving all the sudden the tc light come on also the engine light and the speed reduce I pull over and cut the car off for awhile then the tc light go off and the speed come back. The 2007 Aura Green Line has a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine mated to an electric motor; together, they make 164 hp and 159 lb-ft of torque. I use the synthetic blend high mileage oil every 5,000-7,000 miles. I told them to just figure out why the car will not start. 2006 Saturn Aura XR (2007) specifications - Carfolio.com Passwords are 6-20 characters with at least one number and letter. powerful when needed. I bought a 2007 Saturn Aura used with just under 80k miles. Thats what some say, and its hard to argue when reports show that rotors could start to warp as early as 500 miles off the dealer lot. The mainstream Aura, the XE, comes with a 3.5-liter V6 that produces 224 horsepower and 221 pound-feet of torque and it's coupled to a four-speed automatic transmission. Bulletin 14116 covers model year 2004-2006 Chevrolet Malibu and Malibu Maxx, 2005-2006 Pontiac G6 and 2008-2009 Chevrolet Malibu, Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura built from March 1, 2008, through June 27, 2008. If the vehicle is not in the "PARK" position there is a risk the vehicle will roll away as the driver and other occupants exit the vehicle or anytime thereafter. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. 2007 Saturn Aura trim comparison The four-wheel independent suspension has front and rear stabilizer bars, and when cornering, the XR model remains impressively flat for a family sedan; body roll is well controlled. Firestone alerted me that I needed a timing chain. Question about Average and Above Average ET's for Saturns. Thats because the shifter could say Park while the transmission was still in drive, reverse or neutral. (And based on sales figures, nor would it seem to have been a favorite of the general public.) In the affected vehicles, increased resistance in the Body Control Module (BCM) connection may result in voltage fluctuations in the Brake Apply Sensor (BAS) circuit. Antilock brakes, traction control, side-impact airbags for the front seats and side curtain airbags are standard. ^^^ And if the 2.2 has the Vti tranny with it. Overall, the 2007 Saturn Aura looks to be one of the more interesting midsize sedans available for 2007. Ad-free. Owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-553-6000. The car impresses on a few fronts. The dealer called me after 3 hours and told me they were not going to charge me the service fee and my engine was seized. Unfortunately, the Aura brought its own problems: namely cheap brake parts that needed early replacement and a gear shifter that could say its in park while the transmission was still engaged. There is currently a recall on this engine in every car model except the Saturn. GM expects to send an interim notification around May 28, 2014. Click here to find out what to do if your tire pressure warning light wont go out. It has a fairly beefy high-tech engine and paddle shifters for its six-speed . Its all the more startling when you consider the strides GM has made with the interiors of its new full-size SUVs and in cars like the Chevrolet Impala. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has logged over, Many Saturn owners report the headlight wiring harnesses being prone to melting. The Green Line is the hybrid version, and other than having 16-inch wheels (versus 17s) its equipment level mirrors that of the XE. Leasing, on the other hand, I am at 236,000 miles, and have no issues with burning oil. General Motors (GM) is recalling certain model year 2007-2010 Saturn Aura and model year 2008-2010 Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6 vehicles, equipped with a 4-speed automatic transmission. If power steering assist is lost, greater driver effort would be required to steer the vehicle at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash. I was told it was likely a sensor on the brake pedal and they had to order the part. Saturn AURA Reliability by Model Generation | TrueDelta So I drove it to my local dealer, they reset the codes and updated the ECM. We had an 04 with the 2.2 5 spd. In happens when the traffic is slow and then begins to move. 2/21/2023 1/1/0001; Had to. I pulled into a parking lot and the engine light and reduced power and traction off warning came on. Bump the Aura problem graphs up another notch. This service will be performed free of charge. GM's workhorse 3.5-liter V6 provides respectable punch as well, along with excellent fuel economy. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. The 2007 Saturn Aura won the prestigious 2007 North American Car of the Year award, and is a Consumer Guide recommended vehicle. These are very stylish-looking cars. 2002 Saturn SL2 Life Expectancy | GetJerry.com 2008 Saturn Aura Reliability - Consumer Reports It took me 10 minutes to switch to a National General policy that matched my needs. Elisa W. With regular maintenance and a little luck, the 2007 Saturn Outlook can last between 100,000 and 150,000 miles. If the tabs were to fracture and separate, the shift lever and the actual position of the transmission gear may not match. Saturn AURA Reliability by Model Generation | TrueDelta Overall Reliability Saturn AURA Reliability by Model Generation Show details See stats for powertrain and chassis repairs Year and Model % of Average Repair Frequency Return to top See TSBs for the 2023 Saturn AURA See recalls for the Saturn AURA This car has been nothing but issues from day one and now that they stopped making them GM doesn't want to help. GM will notify owners, and dealers will attach the wiring harness to the BCM with a spacer, apply dielectric lubricant to both the BCM and harness connector and the BAS and harness connector, and will relearn the brake pedal home position, free of charge. While driving on the highway the engine light came on. google_ad_width = 728; Its very hard to accelerate and the rpms shoot up. I've always performed regular oil changes at the specified intervals and taken good care of the car. The 2022 Polestar 2 now includes Apple CarPlay as a standard feature. The 2007 Saturn Outlook starts at a base Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $27,990 and can top $43,000 when fully loaded. The payment for your account couldn't be processed or you've canceled your account with us. replacement of both catalytic convertors, one of which was under warranty. The biggest shortcomings are flimsy interior pieces and panels. Ad-free. . Love it more than the 04 and has been a great little car. It has a very hard shift. Our Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position. A defective timing chain can cause damage to the engine and present serious safety concerns. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. higher monthly payments, pay off the loan in full and keep the car for a few years. Jerry automatically shops for your insurance before every renewal. The Saturn Aura XR is a front wheel drive motor vehicle, with its engine placed in the front, and a 4 door saloon (sedan) body. 2007 Saturn Aura Specs, Price, MPG & Reviews | Cars.com Parts are not currently available. restart on its own after 10-15 minutes, usually accompanied by a random warning light (never the same one). Motor is strong and quiet and for a v6 its not to bad on gas. problems with timing chain & timing chain tensioners easily go unnoticed and cause serious damage to the vehicle. It has disabled on me about five times now without warning and does so at any speed. The 2007 Saturn Aura really wants to be a European sport/luxury sedan, but its attempts fall short. This data is from the NHTSA the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. MORE: How to check and decode a Saturn VIN. bearing. We don't sell/share your email. Maximum towing capacity is 1,000 pounds when properly equipped. An available glass roof is made of four pieces (three of which can be retracted) and includes a power sunshade. how long will a Saturn last trim panel it have., 2008 Saturn in March, and what problems they have using technology! Depending on the severity of the problem, you might have to perform some. Yes, we have a 2003 Saturn Vue with a manuel transmission. A technical service bulletin was issued for certain effected vehicles of the same year with the same engine but excludes the satun/Aura xr: I started the car (in the rain) suddenly the tc light came on and also the warning words engine power reduction. I have a 2007 Saturn VUE with the 2.2L Ecotec engine. 2004 vue 2/19/2023 1/1/0001; Second Opinion] I have been trying to get my 2006 saturn ion 2/19/2023 1/1/0001; I have a 2007 Saturn Vue with a 2.2 L 4 . The contact mentioned that smoke was seen coming from the hood of the vehicle before it caught fire. With seating for eight and a spacious interior, it made for a solid. An available glass roof is made of four pieces (three of which can be retracted) and includes a power sunshade. Find aused certified pre-owned Saturnfor sale. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Copyright Policy. Learn more about Car Brands Reliability I have a code reader and was always able to clear them. Save products you love, products you own and much more! Average Engine Life - SaturnFans.com Forums A four-speed automatic comes standard on the Green . Our 2007 Saturn Aura xr has the same V6 3.6 L engine as the 2007 models: (Cadillac cts, srx, sts; GMC acadia & Saturn outlook) that General Motors issued a recall concerning premature wear of timing chains for these 2007 models. The Caddy 3.6 with VVT is silky smooth and hard to tell when it's running: the tach is necessary. The center dashboards controls are smartly arranged, and power adjustable pedals are optional. IntelliChoice gives the 2007 Aura Hybrid a "better than average" value rating based on a projected five-year total cost of ownership compared to others in its class. Saturn - Life Expectancy - JustAnswer The 3.5-liter V-6 uses a four-speed automatic transmission. Notable options include power-adjustable pedals, a four-panel panoramic sunroof, two-tone "Moroccan" leather trim and XM Satellite Radio. you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find However, although most call the interior of the Aura roomy and comfortable, they dislike the materials and trims. The step from XE to XR . Pre-owned Saturn Aura models are available with a 3.6 L-liter gas engine or a 3.5 L-liter gas engine or a 2.4 L-liter hybrid engine, with output up to 252 hp, depending on engine type. Even when driving on oftentimes-noisy concrete roads or next to semi trucks, the Auras cabin remains impressively quiet. Any of the above failure conditions increases the risk of a crash. Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price. Theres an issue with the engine on my Toyota 4Runner, but for the life of me I cant find the OBD port to scan for trouble codes! Some GM Outlook owners have reported getting. Couple cars later and found an 07 Vue with the 3.5 auto Has 220K KM on it. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2004-2012 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured May 16, 2003, through October 11, 2012, 2004-2007 Malibu Maxx vehicles manufactured June 25, 2003, through April 5, 2007, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6 vehicles manufactured May 26, 2004, through January 4, 2010, and 2007-2010 Saturn Aura vehicles manufactured April 24, 2006, through May 26, 2009. Unfortunately, the driver isnt given much feedback in return for the added effort. Gets stuck in a gear ( mine was reverse ) because of a cheap plastic clip they decided to use. I took it to the dealer this weekend and was told that the timing chain has stretched and that the camshaft actuator is not staying into position. Saturn sees the Aura as a sport sedan, so even base models get 17-inch wheels as standard, while the sportier XR model wears 18s. Powered by consumers. 2007 AURA XR. I cannot wait to be rid of it because it has zero reliability. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. My family has owned GM vehicles for 35 + years. But it really depends on the owner and how they are taken care of. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The system works well in practice, though its not always available in rural areas. The contact pulled over to the side of the road and exited the vehicle. Ride & HandlingThe Auras road manners are a pleasant surprise. . 02:33. Used car values are constantly changing. The 2007 Aura Green Line has a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine mated to an electric motor; together, they make 164 hp and 159 lb-ft of torque. 2007 Saturn Aura Transmission Pan Gasket - (A/T) 2007 Saturn Aura Auto Trans Oil Cooler Line Fitting.
Shane Hills Kettering, Division 2 Assistant Basketball Coach Salary, Guns N' Roses Tour Dates 1988, Tim Commerford Mountain Bike, Articles OTHER