It was even worse closer to the interstate. Some areas may not have cell reception.Have a spare tire, tools and know how to change it. They flagged down another rider to help load up their bikes, and they drove to the hospital where he tried to explain what might have happened. I dont see what the deal is, there is plenty of places to have a back stop. Dedicated to Off road and recreational firearm enthusiasts. Also off of the 40 east of Fort Cady road above the talc mine.Ill try to copy the sections for shooting,So maybe some one else can make a little more sence of it. Burning tires, magnesium, wires, petroleum products or any other hazardous or explosive material is prohibited. But your heart is in the right place! This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. 602 S. Tippecanoe Ave. Please bring trash bags with you and clean up your area. All persons, regardless of age, who operate an ATV on Public Lands must wear an approved safety helmet. It was a dump out there. Change). Maps do not display specific hunting and shooting sites. Summer temperatures range from 100-120 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a rangefinder if you want to go the "minimum." Please help preserve our heritage. Home . Needless to say, this was a common sight the mishandling of the weapons by kids thankfully not all were on opposite sides of the road from their targets. I would sure like to know who American Wildlife Services are, but I'm to lazy to do the research. Obviously the family dogs had it coming. other than that, waiting on more info. Possible by car, truck strongly recommended. In addition, wear hunter orange when required. The only reason it was legal to shoot on the west side of hodge was because like the article said its private land but it was never posted. I thought something fell from the sky. BLM permanent closure order and other regulations prohibit target shooting in the following areas: San Bernardino County:it is unlawful to shoot or discharge any firearms between one-half hour after sunset and one-half hour before sunrise of the following day in all areas of San Bernardino County described in 22.0101 through 22.0105 (22.0108 Prohibition of Night Shooting). What days are Hodge Road Shooting Area open? Ive been wondering this as well. Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories. Not all public land parcels have public access. Last weekend I went out to Hodge Road for the first time (a popular BLM land shooting site in Southern California off of the Barstow office likely. ( It was windy and very crowded. Please check the map on-site to make sure you stay in the riding area. Hodge Road Shooting Area 80 reviews Unclaimed Gun/Rifle Ranges Open Open 24 hours See hours See all 119 photos Write a review Add photo Save safe and follow all the basic smart shooter rules like shoot at a backdrop that will stop any bullets especially rifle rounds. (see RC Ord. Let others know your plans. Its going to be hot as balls out there in late August! Hodge Rd, outdoor shooting still open? You must log in or register to reply here. PLEASE AVOID THESE AREAS AND STAY AWAY FROM MINE SHAFTS! Before leaving, make sure to touch base with someone and let them know where you will be, when you will be back and develop an emergency plan just in case. Pictures: The hillside had a TON OF WASTE! It seemed like it appeared out of nowhere. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. (LogOut/ ) or https:// means youve safely connected to the .gov website. This area is permitted for competitive racing events. Hodge Road Shooting Area - MapQuest Know your target and what is beyondNote: Remember to bring eye and ear protection. An official website of the United States government. A place of Camping, Off-road and recreational shooting. Learn how your comment data is processed. From Barstow, take California Highway 247 (Barstow Road Exit from I-15) and go south 10 miles, turn either on Stoddard Wells Road or on to the access road behind the Slash-X Cafe. Anybody have a contact at the San Bernardino Sheriff's where we can get the straight story? Open your browser to Publiclands.org and select the state you live in or wish to shoot. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. i drove up there for the first time, i really like it but theres too much trash. ), ISO Replacement Forearm Pads for a Beretta Extrema. "To be honest, I was just very thankful that my daughter wasn't hit. Corona dirt bike rider struck by bullet, possibly from nearby shooting I was out there last weekend and there were quite a few people set up and shooting. Read the signs - they say something like 1000 feet from the tower and a half mile from the road, I think. A lock ( An X-ray revealed the bullet had lodged in his upper shoulder. He said the two had wrapped up around noon and were getting ready to head . For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Forest Headquarters This subreddit is for the civil discussion of all things regarding California gun laws, rules, regulations and ownership. Secure .gov websites use HTTPS You can still shoot there - you just have to go further around the hill to the right, or to the other side (left, as you enter the area and leave the pavement) of the valley. Not anymore. Also BLM area versus private property. If felt like someone hit me with a hammer," he said. safe and follow all the basic smart shooter rules like shoot at a backdrop that will stop any bullets especially rifle rounds. They publish hunting regulations that listall the season dates. Not anymore. 210yd outdoor range with plenty of shade. You can't miss where they do dirt bike stuff. I have gone in a friend's truck and it is nice. Anyway the point is, Californians never appreciate what they got until it has been taken from them. If this is the case I'm surprised we do not hear of people getting busted out there more often. 34 votes, 23 comments. Public lands in California are open to fishing under California Department of Fish and Wildlife Fishing Regulations. Hodge Road Is it legal? - Calguns.net Im usually always alone and Ive never had a problem there. Whenever you venture out on public lands, you should follow outdoor ethics to preserve the great outdoors for future generations. Anyone have any info? Copyright Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors L.L.C. I smoke cigarettes, but I DO NOT throw my butts on the ground and I always clean up after myself. California Fish and Game Code Section 3004: It is unlawful for a person, other than the owner, person in possession of the premises, or a person having the express permission of the owner or person in possession of the premises, while within 150 yards of an occupied dwelling house, residence, or other building, or within 150 yards of a barn or other outbuilding used in connection with an occupied dwelling house, residence, or other building, to either hunt or discharge a firearm or other deadly weapon while hunting. Shooting is strictly prohibited in developed recreation sites and other areas where posted. Step 1: Search Surrounding Areas with Publiclands.org or onXmaps. "I just feel blessed. Drive past Hodge the drive time is well worth avoiding the morons that shoot there. If you are hunting with the aid of a commercial outfitter or guide, you should ensure that he or she is permitted by theCalifornia Department of Fish and Wildlife. Treat cultural sites with respect. The lady there will fax you a map for the shotgun areas. How long ago was this? 70 reviews of Hodge Road shooting area "Great place to shoot, open area with very few people out. That is what kept going through my mind, this could have been a lot worse," said Stadelman. Hodge Rd, outdoor shooting still open? - Calguns.net Shotguns. CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Corona man Reid Stadelman is counting his blessings five days after he was shot with a .308 bullet. Dont let the muzzle of a firearm point at anything you do not intend to shoot. Come prepared! Copyright 2023 KABC Television, LLC. At $120.00 a year, my West End Gun Club membership is the best investment I've made in quite a while. "There was nobody around me. We were VERY DISAPPOINTED! (about 10-20 minutes past Victorville) Turn left and go back over freeway. More. By checking your equipment, you decrease risk of injury to yourself and others and to avoid accidentally starting a wildfire on public lands. I mentioned we should go out to clean up and I got laughed at. He said the two had wrapped up around noon and were getting ready to head home when it happened. "I think I will try to stay further away from where people are able to shoot their guns," he added. Important - Shooters must call ahead to the Activity/PAL Level number 1-909-382-2997 (pre-recorded message) to find out the status of this shooting area for that day. Safety is your responsibility. I have family that is BLM LEO that patrols the high desert, per him and BLM website solid projectiles are only allowed north, northeast or northwest of Barstow. Good news, you got out alive!! BLM Surface Management Mapsshow land ownershipand includepublic and private land, roads, and more. See More. Always be sure of your target and what is beyond. SoCal-Where to shoot in the desert? | Glock Talk The 150-yard area is a safety zone.. I have shot there several times this year and seen BLM officers drive by and waive. As far as I know they're still open. DEEP MINE SHAFTS EXIST IN THE RIDING AREA! Please use thisgeoreferenced map. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. "The only thing I can think is somebody wasn't paying attention and was shooting up into the air instead at something. We ventured to our second Public Land recently. Whew! Shooting suspect captured in Whitehaven - Memphis Local, Sports
Blackstrap Molasses, Baking Soda And Apple Cider Vinegar, Us Auto Sales Late Payment Penalty, Cerner Tips And Tricks For Nurses, Articles I