News 4 San Antonio changes leadership, adds new on-air talent to team News News 4 San Antonio adds new on-air talent and news director to team Two San Antonio natives. What is going on? (unknown episodes) Series Cast Series Produced by Benny Dominguez . Why?" Where did the years go!? News 4 San Antonio - Home - Facebook On April 12, 2003, they happily married three years into their relationship. Sunday, March 5 AUTO RACING 9:55 a.m. ESPN Formula 1: The Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix, Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, Bahrain. In a touching post on social media, Del Cid shared that her father's recent diagnosis with Alzheimer's led to her decision. Here's how he did. The University of Colorado at Boulder and Metropolitan State University grad interned for KCNC Denver, KCRA Sacramento and KUSA Denver. Our time here is not guaranteed. 28315 Sterling Hwy, Ninilchik, AK 99556 $249,000 Est. It was an amazing ride! Elliot, who has been a CBS daytime anchor for about a year, had first shocked . Her first day at WOAI-TV was Monday, January 24. She has a passion for journalism and telling stories. I dont think of it as a body of work, Beamer said. Harris also serves on the board of the Harvey E. Najim Family Foundation and San Antonio Sports, and is on the advisory board of the Miracle League of San Antonio. The University of California, Irvine grad interned for KNSD San Diego and WBBM Chicago. You learn something every single day.. It brought my priorities into laser focus. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate. News 4 San Antonio has hired Diana Rocco to co-anchor News 4 San Antonio Today with David Chancellor. When shes not juggling the day-to-day (and sometimes chaotic newsroom) Germano tells MySA she loves to travel, workout, spend time with family, and play golf. In 1989 when he joined News 4 as a weekend anchor, he told the Express-News the chance to report and anchor was the best of both worlds., On ExpressNews.com: WOAI-TV became San Antonio's first TV station 70 years ago today. She's helped me grow as a producer and as a person," Rodriguez tells MySA. Former News 4 San Antonio anchor Delaine Mathieu. De Alba's San Antonio debut happened in early December which you can watch above. Many top local sports celebrities have taken part helping to raise over a million dollars for local children. "Alexis has really lived our promise to be here for our viewers, bringing heart, empathy and compassion to our anchor desk. Perhaps most importantly, a San Antonio native is now at the helm of the NBC affiliate, giving direction and a new perspective on how the TV station can better serve its community. The University of Texas at Austin grad interned for WOAI and CNN's Washington D.C. Bureau. Ren A. Guzman writes about geek and pop culture as well as consumer gadgets and technology. The Normal, Ill., native first hit the Alamo City market in 1983 at KENS-TV, but he is best known for his three decades of service with News 4, going back to 1989 when the NBC affiliate rocked the call letters KMOL and Beamer rocked a mustache that would give Ron Burgundy anchorman envy. Beamer turned heads again a few years later when he married KSAT-TV anchor Ursula Pari in 2000. Here is partial transcript of what she said in the video announcement: "I'm going to keep watching. The morning show anchor says she's thankful for her time at News 4 San Antonio with the team she's had; she joined the Sinclair station in 2018. Have a tip? Starting April 6, McEnany will appear regularly on the program along with Harris Faulkner, who has . I missed being out in the field," she says. News 4 San Antonio morning anchor Alexis Del Cid announced she will be putting her TV career on pause. Randy Beamer back when he sported an Anchorman-worthy mustache. Olson arrived in San Antonio earlier in 2020. morning segments for the past nine years, Rodriguez shared on social media the news of his departure. She got her professional television news start at KYMA, Yuma Arizona as an anchor/producer. Can't wait for the next adventure ahead and even more great memories to be made." "Jonathan is a trusted anchor, and a genuinely kind person," said Sinclair San Antonio News Director Mandi Mendoza on the WOAI website . With this diagnosis- it also hit me like a lightning bolt realizing - I only have four more years with our son before he goes to college. 269 News Anchors in San Antonio, TX Directory - Trustoria In the tearful video, Mathieu thanked viewers along with station management who she says have been a pleasure to work for. Team News 4 San Antonio News Director Mandi Mendoza shares the impact Del Cid had on viewers. KSAT 12 reveals details on TV personality changes at the San Antonio When not anchoring, De Alba will be working on special projects reports for 5, 6 and 6:30 pm WOAI newscasts. When I hit publish, I might go take a nap. And he kind of understands their stories and cares deeply about individuals in our community.. Harris is married to wife Julie, who, like Don, attended San Antonio's Churchill High School and the University of North Texas. Competition 22 Boat For SaleEncuentra lo que necesitas en Guiamexican. This comes after the much hyped news that San Antonio TV news veteran, and Mathieu's co-anchor, Randy Beamer retired from WOAI. . She joins her co-anchor Randy Beamer, and together they air News 4 San Antonio's late newscast, News 4 San Antonio at 10 PM, and also report for the early evening newscasts. ", "Retirements, next chapters in lifeI understand and celebrate these occasions," chief WOAI meteorologist Chris Suchan posted on Facebook. Simone De Alba has taken over for Irene Cruz on News 4 San Antonio WOAI and will sit along side Alamo City legend Randy Beamer on the Sinclair station's 10pm newscast. News 4 San Antonio adds new anchor to morning and noon broadcasts Kristina Coble 1/3/2022 A new face has joined the morning team at News 4 San Antonio. History [ edit] The station first signed on the air on December 11, 1949, as WOAI-TV. Just before returning to her roots in the Alamo City, Torres worked for the City of Corpus Christi as a public information officer, but after a year outside of the newsroom, she quickly realized where her passion laid. Hopefully I won't injure myself. Though hes been the face of News 4 San Antonio for more than 30 years, Randy Beamer says hes always felt more comfortable behind the camera. "Irene Cruz came to San Antonio two years ago on a mission to create stories. We've made it to the halfway mark of 2021 and with it come changes. After more than 40 years in television news, Beamer, 61, is signing off. You never know when the people you love most will be taken from you. Perhaps the Haight's most famous resident, Manny the Hippie, the You sent me a coupon for free bread in our welcome gift, and I named my cat after you. Sarah started working in. WESH 2 News Anchor Pregnant Changes Dies -. Have a news tip? Published: 4:01 PM CDT October 28, 2021 Updated: 4:24 PM CDT October 28, 2021 SAN ANTONIO Alanna Sarabia will be joining KENS 5 to anchor traffic coverage for the station's noon, 4,. "Del Cid says she will be moving back to the Midwest to get her parents closer to key resources and networks of support for her dad as the Alzheimer's progresses. No stranger to physical endurance, De Alba grew up in Colorado and loves to hike. Del Cid's morning producer Alejandra Rodriguez echoes those thoughts. KRTV Great Falls, Montana was the start of De Alba's television journalism career where she served as a morning anchor. San Antonio News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WOAI Hail and heavy rain pelts San Antonio overnight as weather system passes through Second arrest made in connection to fatal dog. Have a news tip? He also did a brief stint at KUSA-TV in Denver between his work at KENS-TV and then ultimately at WOAI-TV. "Love this lady. Though he's been the face of News 4 San Antonio for more than 30 years, Randy Beamer says he's always felt more comfortable behind the camera. San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg, a former News 4 San Antonio intern, even went as far as to declare March 5 as Randy Beamer Day. News 4 San Antonio adds new on-air talent and news director to team - mySA About the only major shakeup to Beamers unflappable presence on the nightly news was in 1997, when he shocked viewers by doing the unthinkable: shaving his mustache. Job specializations: Creative Arts/Media. But when life pitches a curve ball - you keep playing the game. Even then, Beamer strove to report the news, not just read it off the teleprompter. News 4 San Antonio TV anchors David Chancellor and Alexis Del Cid. Booty Patrol' truck spotted in South Texas, Police: North Texas mother arrested after stabbing her 5 children, killing 3, San Antonio woman shows strength of single moms on 'Naked and Afraid', Kyle to open first Costco Wholesale this March, Former Boerne quarterback allegedly gave plays to other XFL teams, A one-of-a-kind Hill Country rooftop bar will be a cowboy's dream, Massive alligator shocks South Texas locals in Atascosa County. Meet the KENS 5 Team: Sarah Forgany | kens5.com He was honored at the Sports Emmy awards ceremony for his career accomplishments and community service for more than 25 years. At the time, Beamers hair-free lip was such a big deal that KMOL even whipped up a computerized image of Beamer sans stache for its market research. Yet while Beamers look and co-anchors have changed over the years, the veteran reporters love for telling the stories of San Antonio has never gone out of style. She is also a devoted mom," he says. Known for his "Where's Cleto?" News 4 San Antonio announces new TV anchor to join Randy Beamer - mySA Having graduated from Texas State University and started her career as an intern at News 4, Torres has come full circle and is now starting where it all began. I will keep her and her dear family in my prayers. Ksat Team I will miss Randy & Delaine more than words can eloquently explain. Greg Pollak announced on January 12, 2022 that he left the weather department of Sinclair Broadcast Group stations News 4 San Antonio WOAI and FOX 29 KABB. Such a great story-teller. Turning his interviews with Selena into a mini-documentary right after the singers death. "I was looking for a better sports analogy, but I'll leave that to my amazing co-anchor, David Chancellor!". Prior to that, he spent eight years as a reporter in Los Angeles for KCBS-TV and KABC-TV. He is a recipient of the prestigious Edna McGaffey Media Excellence Award by the San Antonio Express-News and the local chapter of American Women in Communications for his work on the air and in the community. It brought my priorities into laser focus. KENS5.com is the official website for KENS-TV, your trusted source for breaking news, weather and sports in San Antonio, TX. Covering a Bandidos funeral back when he was with KENS as gang members shoveled dirt on a casket. I am super proud of her and wish her well. Prior to WOAI San Antonio, Del Cid worked as an: Anchor/Host - KCTV-TV, Kansas City, Missouri - August 2012 to 2018, Anchor/Reporter - KOIN-TV, Portland, Oregon - August 2004 to August 2012, Anchor/Reporter - KOB-TV, Albuquerque, New Mexico - March 2002 to August 2004, Reporter/Anchor - WCIA-TV, Champaign, Illinois - October 2000 to March 2002, Reporter/Anchor - KPLC-TV, Lake Charles, Louisiana - February 2000 to October 2000, Reporter - WMAQ-Radio, Chicago, Illinois - September 1998 to February 2000. I think the coverage of TV news over the years here drove some of that, Beamer said, referring to the Express-News. Don Harris | WOAI She will oversee operations, guiding news judgement not only through television but ever-evolving digital platforms. Call the tip hotline at 210-442-6397. Related Professions for News Anchor in San Antonio, TX 0 20 40 60 80 100 News Anchor Commercial Announcer Director PR and Communications Professional Owner Writing and Editing Professional Editing Professional Corporate Executive Marketing Administrator Manager. The stations share studios between Babcock Road and Sovereign Drive (off Loop 410) in northwest San Antonio, while WOAI-TV's transmitter is located in northwest Wilson County (near Elmendorf ). Most recently she filled in for Ursula Pari this week, anchoring the noon and 5. But just know that I appreciate all of you for all the years that you've given me. (I was looking for a better sports analogy, but I'll leave that to my amazing co-anchor, David Chancellor!). De Alba left FOX 40 KTXL Sacramento in November after four years with the Nexstar station (formerly Tribune owned). Martinez will join Simone De Alba at the anchor desk for the. Jessica Headley will move from Fox News First to join co-anchor Ryan Wolf on Fox. Sports on TV for March 5 | Sports | The Daily News - galvnews.com News 4 San Antonio WOAI morning and midday newscast anchor Alexis Del Cid announced she's leaving the station Thursday, August 12, 2021 to move to the Midwest to take care of her father. News 4 San Antonio anchor Randy Beamer announced his retirement in February after more than 40 years in TV news, more than 30 years of that time was spent with News 4. News 4 San Antonio adds new anchor to morning and noon broadcasts I am going to throw in my two cents since this this post is suddenly about Texas caves. Im overwhelmed and I cant thank people enough.. Shortly after, we sat down and she explained why," Calle shares. News 4 San Antonio located at 4335 NW Loop 410San Antonio, TX | Courtesy: news4sanantonio.com Jaie Avila Emmy award-winning investigative reporter Jaie Avila joined Channel 4 News San Antonio in 2004. The longtime 5pm TV news anchor says Tuesday was her last day on the air. WOAI-TV - Wikipedia "So when she told us she was leaving, I was heartbroken, But she's always made it clear that her family comes first, so I'm more than happy to see her enter this new chapter in her life." RELATEDSimone De Alba takes over for Irene Cruz News 4 SA WOAI, The Phyllis Browning Company social media profile bio states that it has more than 200 real estate professionals in four offices, making it "San Antonio's largest independently-owned residential real estate company. Its not that big a deal when anybody in news moves on.. News 4 San Antonio adds new on-air talent and news director to team, More than 21K CPS Energy customers lose power due to storms, S.A. area pelted with large hail, heavy wind in overnight storm, Kristina Coble is a digital producer for MySA. News Anchor. I've accepted an evening anchor opportunity at News 4 San Antonio, WOAI - the city's NBC affiliate. Ok, back to San Antonio TV stuff. High adrenaline. All are actively involved in improving the lives of children in San Antonio. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate. And to all my co-workers, it was a pleasure working with some of the nicest people in the business. Which may explain why the Emmy Award-winning. Fox San Antonio announces new anchor teams - San Antonio News, Weather Our time here is not guaranteed. Just not at 5:00 on news 4.". Can't wait to see what's next buddy and all the FB updates of your son Colton as he grows up! "Ill be freelancing for them for at least the next month or two. USAA wants some remote employees in the office three days Texas Vista owner has threatened hospital shutdown before, WOAI-TV became San Antonio's first TV station 70 years ago today, Bexar County deputy reunites African tortoise with owners, Gunmen blast 75 rounds at Northwest Side apartment, San Antonio Zoo has a long but spotty history with giraffes, Rosie Castros appointment much more than a 3-month council stint. That eye for highlighting the stories of San Antonio and South Texas has taken him around the nation and around the world. News 4 San Antonio is Here 4 You with all the latest news, weather and traffic in San Antonio and South Texas. The stars aligned and its just fantastic.. "I want to be awake for all of it. Greg Pollak leaves News 4 SA - FOX 29 San Antonio - Blogger He has been named as one of the San Antonio Business Journal's "40 Under Forty" rising stars in the local community and was named "Best Talk Radio host" by the San Antonio Current readers poll. News 4 San Antonio is Here 4 You with all the latest news, weather and traffic in San Antonio and South Texas. She followed her TV news work with a daily 15 mile run. We thought we would be here a lot longer! I want to be there for the important events and school nights and talks and dinners - and the mundane things as well, that add up to the big stuff in our lives. Thought this was one of those jokes. So we're mourning and so many levels, but it is, it's fast paced and I'm going to slow down and I'm going to enjoy my girls and I'm going to enjoy my husband. The Corpus Christ native joined WOAI around 2005 or so after working for WSVN Miami as the top rated "Today in Florida" anchor. News 4 San Antonio morning anchor Alexis Del Cid announced she will be putting her TV career on pause. Ive been trying to get back forever, Germano says of returning to her hometown. Simone is a real pro that will blend well with our established talent and provide another credible voice to enhance the stations position as trusted and valued source of information for local viewers.. Sports on TV for March 5. I will miss my news family and most of all the viewers! WOAI-TV anchor Alexis Del Cid exits anchor chair next month to be with family, South Texans want to know who's behind the 'Booty Patrol' truck, Texas mom accused of killing her children has history of violence, 'Naked and Afraid' lets San Antonio mom show off survival skills, Costco to open first $15M store in Central Texas this March, Former Boerne QB investigated for allegedly sharing XFL plays, Rooftop bar Cowboys and Cadillacs to grace downtown New Braunfels, PHOTOS: Massive alligator spooks locals along a South Texas road, Video shows drunk driver try to flee crash that killed Texas cop, Residents curious about 'U.S. News Anchor Job San Antonio Texas USA,Creative Arts/Media Don was recently honored with the. 4335 NW Loop 410 San Antonio, TX 78229 San Antonio's first TV station, signed on Dec. 11, 1949. Chancellor told MySA he respects Del Cid's decision to leave to spend time with her family. You can also catch her reports on the weekends. "I'd like to take a moment to say goodbye and tip my hat to my friend and colleague meteorologist Greg Pollak," WOAI chief meteorologist Chris Suchan posted to Facebook. Ill be broadcasting the weather across the entire state. Diana Rocco is co-anchoring. Whew! I was so nervous to tell them my decision. So on that note, I'm going to say goodbye. When shes not chasing the big stories, shes chasing her furry family member, Kayna, her German Shepherd. Harris praised Beamer as a genius and a dry wit who genuinely cares about getting the story and not being the story, whether its about politics on both sides of the border, conflicts foreign and domestic, or just that beat-up old ice house on the outskirts of town. ", She goes on to say she was blessed to live in San Antonio and thought she would be here longer. UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2021Alexis Del Cid is the new Anchor, Host and Reporter for the Medical News Network from The University of Kansas Health System. MySA has reached out to Sinclair management for comment. Greg Pollak announced on January 12, 2022 that he left the weather department of Sinclair Broadcast Group stations News 4 San Antonio WOAI and FOX 29 KABB. De Alba had been the morning anchor for KTXL since 2015. List of people from Texas - Wikipedia If you find out, give me a holler. Job in San Antonio - Bexar County - TX Texas - USA , 78208. Chelsea Torres joins News 4 San Antonio as a multimedia journalist. Call the tip hotline at 210-442-6397. Here is what Pollak posted to Facebookabout his departure from WOAI and KABB: "My time at News4 and FOX29 has come to an end. Alexis Del Cid and co-anchor David Chancellor at Fiesta de los Reyes. Shake-ups in San Antonio TV news in the first half of 2021, Matthew Busch, Contributor / For The San Antonio Express-News, Claudia Garofalo addresses abrupt departure from News 4 San Antonio. News 4 San Antonio has hired Jonathan Martinez to co-anchor the evening and late newscasts at 5:00, 6:00, 6:30 and 10:00. In 2022 he begins his 33rd year with the station. Michelle Germano has been named news director at WOAI-TV/KABB. Mathieu did not mention this or explain the reason for her sudden departure. News 4 San Antonio Today's Jeannette Calle says when she first heard the news about Del Cid's departure, she thought she was kidding. Veteran news anchor Randy Beamer did the weather. ", Simone De Alba takes over for Irene Cruz News 4 SA WOAI. I need to be present for all of it. Simone De Alba takes over for Irene Cruz News 4 SA WOAI - Blogger "To my co-anchor, [Randy Beamer], who is both my best friend at work and my auxiliary dad," Cruz posted on her goodbye Facebook message. Simone De Alba Bio, Wiki. Jury takes an hour to reach verdict over deal at Port S.A. Heres why it hailed through the Alamodome last night. He also plans to continue helping with charities. In search of vegan food, I found a world-class Mendocino inn, Escape to Long Beach, Washington before the summer crowds, Residents curious about 'U.S. And while viewers should tune in Friday for Beamers parting words, the affable anchorman just couldnt resist giving his own spin on that classic Ron Burgundy signoff. Scroll to see who else left and who arrived in the Alamo City so far this year. In search of vegan food, I found a world-class Mendocino inn, Escape to Long Beach, Washington before the summer crowds, Snag an Apple Watch charger at its lowest price in 30 day, This customizable 'Star Wars' lightsaber kit is 57% off on Amazon, You can pick up a jumbo salad spinner for $15 at Amazon right now. Stay up to date on the latest stories from San Antonio and beyond by signing up for our newsletters here. My last broadcast was this past weekend. Since then, she's been a very important person in my life. And here, I am tired enough writing this post. Another shakeup you may have noticed is reporter Alicia Barrera has been spotted frequently on the anchor desk. A TV veteran with 27 years in the business, Germano has a clear picture of where she wants to lead her team. Then he added with a chuckle: I blame you guys.. Apparently, at least. When he posted the news of his impending retirement late last month on his Facebook page, @randy.beamer, hundreds of well-wishers thanked him and gave him virtual hugs and thumbs-up for his work. In the video released Saturday, Mathieu offers a tearful goodbye to her colleagues and viewers. All Times EST W L Pct PF PA DC 2 0 1.000 40 24 St. Louis 2 0 1.000 38 33 Seattle 0 2 .000 36 42 Vegas 0 2 .000 26 40 W L Pct PF PA Houston 2 0 1.000 56 26 Arlington 1 1 .500 36 43 San Antonio 1 1 . Then, in the next breath, he said hes never really come to peace with those ratings, given that the people hes worked with are the best. Email us at newsdesk@news4 See more 668,962 people like this Theyre both more than colleagues, they are family to me. News Anchors near San Antonio, TX 0 1 Schertz. Email us at newsdesk@news4 See more 667,484 people like this Germano comes to News 4 from WTVD in Raleigh, North Carolina. From desk-bound news anchors to sportscasters and plenty of weathermen, here are just some of the faces on the news that have played a big part in San Antonio's history. There are no promises. During her time teaching in Nepal, De Alba was even at the Mount Everest base camp. She currently serves as an Evening Anchor. The University at Albany B.A. I am so happy that my friend and her family will be happy. Simone De Alba is an American Journalist currently working for News4 in San Antonio, Texas. Diana comes to News 4 San Antonio from WABC in New York City, where. Speaking of new adventures - another big change is that we are also moving back to the Midwest. Then she competes in 50 mile endurance runs. I could not me more grateful for the support from my work family and my bosses at News4. De Alba's San Antonio debut happened in early December which you can watch above. Thats a pretty good note to end things on -- and a beautiful note on which to start a new adventure. If we can't use our time here on Earth to make connections and share- then what's the point of any of this, right?". Torres also loves Mix Martial Arts, UFC, fishing, and exploring area parks. Joining her at News 4 is Chelsea Torres, who is joining the afternoon team as a multimedia journalist. --------------- UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2021 Alexis Del Cid is the new Anchor, Host and Reporter for the Medical News Network from The University of Kansas Health System. Her coverage included breaking news, hurricanes, high school football, and other news stories. WOAI-TV anchor Randy Beamer talks about his retirement
Wolfeboro, Nh Obituaries, Will California Get Rain This Winter 2022, Daniel Louisy Married, Is There A Frog Constellation, New Year's Rockin' Eve 2022 New Orleans, Articles N