$5000+ for a magnuson is some pretty cash considering what's available out there for crate motors. toyotanation.com is an independent Toyota enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. My favorite mod besides the gobs of power honestly is the steering. This for some is unthinkable while some of the newer 5th Gen folk may not even know what manual is. First released in August 1989 the 2nd Gen 4Runner came with the 4cyl engine again along with the 6cyl, with your choice of a manual or automatic transmission. Whats your favorite Rock Slider you offer? Jason and his team at RSG Offroad run a pretty successful Off-road service and installation shop in Lakewood, CO. His shop, his family, his team everyone he works with was just genuinely cool and incredibly humble. 4RUNNER FJ T CASE SWAP - Rocksolidtoys.com To start, the 3.4L engine features better technology than the 3.0 engine your 4Runner came with. All this depends on how much you want to spend in time and money. Thanks. I love my 2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5. When the 4th generation was available, I jumped at the chance to purchase a 2003 Limited V8, that I still own and drive daily today. 3vze (V6) head gasket problems had nothing to do with the exhaust drying them out Theyre metal gaskets. I would love to go with a 350, but I aint gonna do it if I gotta lose my dual case setup. If you are a rock crawler this is the 4Runner youre looking for. Most owner wont part with them. They are for all intensive purposes the same vehicle with different options. The two grills have completely different mounting positions and the rad support is completely different. We have been there before but not with a 4Runner. So one day in early February 2021 I found a donor Tundra on CarPart and bought it! On the Toyota side of things, because it would be coming from a GX460 to the 4Runner, I think in theory it would be easier but still some work. It took me a while to even find the wiring for it due to how well they wired it up. toyotanation.com is not in any way affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. An absolute beauty of a 4Runner, though. This one goes over the r. Common replacements on the 3rd gen. We enjoyed all of them but the 2018 is the best in my opinion. Getting things to work on the CAN Bus would in theory be easy because all the electronics are made by Denso. If you find one of these, call us, we will more than likely buy it out from under you. What products does RSG Metalworks offer for the 4Runner? If you decide against the stock 22re or your 3.0 decides it doesnt want to keep its head intact, consider swapping in a used engine. Unless of course, you have something custom made for the4th Gen 4Runner. I would start at 99-2002 depending on your budget and the deals you come across. The costs associated with such a modification would be significantly high. Jason actually started a thread on T4R.org a while back but most of the images are broken, and if theres one thing you can count on with forums its broken images. Really enjoyed this build. Currently swapping in a Tundra V8 into my Tacoma build. I know these guys do diesel swaps in Tacomas, maybe give them a call. 4L60 variant trans. This interview has been in the works for quite some time. Love my RSG sliders. The 3rd Gen 4Runner only came in a 4 door option unlike the previous generations, so the 3rd Gen 4Runner is 100% SUV. Super sleek and look you can make them look mean! Copyright 2023 Trail4Runner.com Trail Made Co. |, but the 3.0 has many issues with a common head gasket issue due to the exhaust drying them out. Awesome article! Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum, Classifieds - buy & sell (no commercial ads please), Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories, European T4R & Hilux Surf Clubs (click to view), Asia & Oceania T4R & Hilux Surf Clubs (click to view), Africa & Middle East T4R & Hilux Surf Clubs (click to view), Latin America / Carribbean T4R & Hilux Surf Clubs (click to view), https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gbiography.html, Bad_Vision's 1985 Toyota 4RUNNER TDI Swap (Completed swap). This exhaust crossover pipe is designed to be used when swapping a Toyota 3.4L 5VZ-FE Engine into a 1984-1995 Toyota Truck or 4Runner that has the exhaust on the drivers side. It was really cool to get to see both of the RSG shops and I was honestly incredibly impressed with what Jason has built. Im considering this too. We just got the 20220 TRD pro. I love the article. Water-Resistant. If left untreated, the failed head gasket will eventually cause the engine to hydrolock. Look incredible. Can this be a feasible addition? (in fact, probably less than other engines these engines routinely go 250000 miles) If not, they might still do it. If it was, your engine is at no more risk of head gasket failure than any other engine if similar mileage or age. To start, the 3.4L engine features better technology than the 3.0 engine your 4Runner came with. I started a mobile business with me as the only employee and drove around to peoples homes and offices and would install the systems for them at their location. Not sure if this is remotely a possibility, couldn't find any threads on it. It really has to be THE best 4Runner in history. Hey guys, ill get an 92 4runner V6, but, first, i need to set this clear, its about price, why is there differences between price range? Toyota 4Runner Years to Avoid: Good SUVs with Bad Model Years I think that a really necessary mod for the 3rd gen 4Runner is the swap for a 2001 Tundra front brake set (199 mm). As someone who watched that video before in it's entirety, don't do it! I have a 98 taco with 350k on it. This article was a joy to read. Just lay it out and outline the price. The 4-door 2nd Gen 4Runner was released every year from 89-93, so we will focus on these years. Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum > Toyota 4Runner Forum > 5th gen T4Rs > Anyone swap in a 1UR-FE (GX460) engine into a 5th Gen 4runner User Tag List: Reply: Page 1 of 2: 1: 2 > Thread Tools: Rate Thread: Display Modes: 04-27-2019, 12:31 AM #1: canadian bum. ): Basically, the 3.4L is better than the 3.0L, and the swap is about as straightforward as engine swaps get. This article is so helpful if your looking to buy a 4runner or just interested in making yours better. Ive owned 3 4th gen 4runners and have driven every generation. While replacing LS1 in CJ7 on a bud's ride, was thinking would it fit in my 3rd gen 4x4. Other than that, everything is either an off the shelf part from your local part store or custom made likemotormountperches.. I believe these should have had a V8 option or at least a V8 option on the top-tier TRD Off-Road and TRD Pro models. Has anyone done an engine swap on a 5th gen? An absolute beast and the greatest vehicle Ive owned to date! But more importantly, I'm wondering if the 5.7 from a tundra would fit in the front of a 4Runner. 5 "4RUNNER POINTS" FOR EVERY $1 SPENT SPRING SALE LIGHT SWITCHES MUDFLAP DELETES SPRING SALE Sale Prinsu Roof Rack Full Non-Drill For 4Runner (2010-2023) from $918.00 342 reviews Sale Prinsu Ridgeline Roof Rack Handles from $93.92 26 reviews Sale CBI Covert Front Bumper / Baja Series For 4Runner (2014-2023) from $765.00 1 review Sale And if you ever have any questions about engine swaps or anything else, feel free to give one of our experts a call. Features and benefits of both for sure but god damn is a Toyota dependable. I'm really thinking of swapping a 5.3 using the w59 and keeping it ifs it's just a street truck but would like it to have the torque and power of the ls. Thanks a bunch! Great article! Ryan Gibbons (@gibburnz) 2011 Trail Edition 3. I'm thinking about doing the same thing, engine swap, that is. While there are plenty of shops out there that would gladly perform this conversion, its not out of the question for you to do it yourself. Now if youre in the market for something that is offroad capable while being brand new or fairly used, the 5th Gen is the one for you. The 1st Gen 4Runner was a 2-door SUV based on the Toyota Hilux with a truck mix. Id like to spend some time in Baja California, Mexico. Also had a 1990 pickup with a 22RE, and I can tell you those engines are not unkillable. Very interesting to see the evolution of one of the best off roaring vehicles ever! Vendor specials, free gear, giveaway notifications, group buys and more! Mike Williams (@bonebroke_pro) 2015 TRD Pro 7. with a 4L80E into his 1st gen tacoma and turbos it. Im tossing around the idea of swapping in a 4.3. That isn't an LS. If you want to buy something upgraded out the gate, you may want to purchase the TRD Pro as it comes with upgradedBilstein TRD tuned Suspension. This exhaust crossover pipe is designed to be used when swapping a Toyota 3.4L 5VZ-FE Engine into a 1984-1995 Toyota Truck or 4Runner that has the exhaust on the drivers side. I worked as a technician for a couple of car audio and performance shops in Colorado over the years with heavy experience with engine swaps, rebuilding engines, Forced Induction, and hanging with people that did things to cars that nobody else had ever done, mostly in the Import Tuner Scene. The 5th Gen does have a bit more pep in its step compared to the 4th Gen's 4.0 though. You'll also likely have to deal with hood clearance issues as the 3.4L engine sits higher and hits the hood when its closed. You can buy a *complete* engine AND trans on ebay with under 50,000 miles for under $1300. Thank u a lot. Your suspension will have less travel with KDSS over non-KDSS suspensions. Vendor specials, free gear, giveaway notifications, group buys and more! The skill it takes to extract an entire ECU, all the wiring harnesses, and the engine from a Tundra, and then swap all that over to a body thats 20% smaller all while making it look factory on the inside is crazy impressive. I would like to discuss a custom hlins suspension in my opinion easily the top suspension brand on the market today. Dims 50-80% of Light, in Minimal Packaging. I have a 91 that Id love to do something similar. With this being said, you are going to need more than a basic suspension upgrade that comes stock on an off-the-lot model. This is all you could ask for when doing a 3.4 conversion. If you want to be sure that your head gasket is solid, FIRST, get your local dealer to run your VIN and see if the recall was done. I would recommend rock sliders because the last thing you want to do is tear up your new vehicle by sending a rock through your rocker panel. anythings possible if you have the money The toyota e-lockers are a direct bolt on, if Im not mistaken might be cheaper to just get an aftermarket air locker instead There are several options, but diff lockers are not exclusive to Toyota, nor factory equipment. 3.0L V6 3VZ-E to 3.4L V6 5VZ-FE Engine Swap (2nd Gen 4Runner) - Part 3 It makes similar numbers to a 4.3, but itll physically fit better and it wont take a huge number of aftermarket adapters to make it work. There are many fabrication companies that make stunning products for the 2nd Gen 4Runner. A question commonly asked in the Off-Roading 4Runner world or for 4Runners in general. In fact, its pretty straightforward. Picture Credit: Most of these photos were shot and edited by RSG Metalworks employees and fellow Toyota owners; David Todd aka @TrailboundT4R, and Ryan Strate aka @RyanStratePhoto. This kit provides you with the necessaryparts to complete a 3.4L conversion. 05-09 they offered the V8. Make the truck a new experience. Of course, price and availability play a big role. The Flanges are countersunk to use the same round factory style exhaust gaskets for a factory type seal.. Wow super in depth breakdown of each 4Runner generation! This level of mod would make the whole thing more justifiable. It was a 6 speed that Toyota uses as a 5 speed. We enjoy pushing the vehicles limits and learning from them. The stance is so perfect. Its like an evil villain and Jason started drinking some beers, had a few too many, and the T40R was created. Lotso options. I actually owned an 88 4runner with the 3.slow V6. My second one died from cancer. Its a luxury Tank on any trip. WORLDS FIRST LS 4th GEN 4RUNNER Part 1 - YouTube This keeps all systems functioning properly. Here's a total hack job. I replaced those brakes more times than I could count! 150 feels under powered 116 is just sad. Now for people wanting a 44 that isnt brand new but isnt a street princess, we bring you the 3rd Gen 4Runner. More. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Toyota diesel engines models: 2L's, 2L-T's, 3L's and 5L 's for sale in the greater Los Angeles area: Engine Trend Inc George 4515 S.Soto Street Los Angeles,CA 90058 USA Ph: 1-800-939-3295 Ph: (323) 589-2844 www.enginetrend.com Spector Offroad Marv 21600 Nordhoff St Chatsworth,CA 91311 USA Ph: (818) 882-1238 www.sor.com Reseda Engines in Northridge We finally got to catch up with Jason at his shop in Lakewood, CO, to see the T40R spoiler alert, it was so freaking rad! (The previous owner ran it out of oil, so that doesnt count.) Ive owned 2 4runners so far. It isnt exactly often that you have to consider things like engine swaps in a Toyota pickup. Interesting, I didnt know that about the BMW ecu. Thanks. So, the same type of upgrades with more variety. if you watch the whole thing, it's an hour of your life you will never get back hey, with a sledge hammer, torch, and a welder you can do anything. A General Overview of the4th Gen Toyota 4Runner 2003-2009, 4th Gen 4Runner Shot Cred: @uncharteredmedia Driver: @augustconte. And were all for that. The TRD Pro comes with beefier Bilsteins. Just lookour overview of the TRD Pro over the TRD Off-Road and decide for yourself. Just, try to find a Toyota shop, not a Jeep shop. Out of 5 generations, the 4th Gen is the only one to have a V8 engine. Toyota Pickup Engine Swap Advice - YotaTech Possibly one of the most desired Toyota 4runners ever is the 19851st Gen 4Runner as its the last year they offered a solid front axle and the first year of Fuel Injection. These engines came standard with a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission. Toby, Thanks, man. Engine. You have steel plate and tube bumpers, skid plates, sliders and roll cage kits similar to the 1st Gen 4Runner but you have more of a variety than the 1st Gen 4Runner. Toyota 4runner 4.7 V8 vs. 4.0 V6: How Do They Really Compare? Thanks for catching that!! Content on toyotanation.com is generated by its users. This 5VZ swap crossover exhaust pipe is designed to be used with the Toyota 3.4L 5VZ factory exhaust manifolds for 1995 -2001 with Federal Emissions, these are the cast manifolds, California emissions and 2002-2004 manifolds are non cast and have a differentflange shape*. Like everything else these days, you will most likely have to change out more then just the motor as everything is all connected with the electronics. But unlike many other brands, we tend to rack up a ton of miles on our trucks. You make this thing sound like a ticking time bomb; thats simply wrong. Same Day Shipping. I got my first 2nd gen for $300 with a blown engine. A fully converted engine via YotaShop.com. The 4.7l v8 4th Gen 4Runner is perfect if you ever need to tow anything or decide you want to do a massive lift and need the extra power. Thank you for the 4Runner love! If you decide on buying a 5th Gen though, a stock SR5 can be heavily modified cheaper than buying one of the special models but it depends on what you want. 1992 4 runner 22r-e,cam,lift,35 inch tires,arb rear. Asmuddpiggpoints out, a Chevy swap might be cheaper, but there are other considerations that should be taken into account as well. This article about which 4Runner to buy is super helpful! Drivetrain. What is the best year? Toyota Turbo-Diesel Swap in 4Runner | Toyota Nation Forum Jason was busy, I was busy, and like most important things in life, it just got pushed to the side. V8 limited solid!!!!! Anyway, good luck. Just ask questions about the timing belt and water pump. An Off-Road Overview of the 5th Gen Toyota 4Runner (2009-2018+Present). If you could wheel anywhere, where would it be? Opinions please! No Hassle Returns. Its pretty great. Its commonly equipped with the 22re 4cyl and a 3.0 6cyl with the choice of a manual or automatic transmission. This is the signature 4Runner. Totally stoked! So I'm going to tell you. LIGHTDIMS Original Strength - Light Dimming LED Covers and Light Dimming Sheets for Routers, Electronics and Appliances and More. With the body on frame combined with a straight axle, the2nd Gen 4Runnercan climb anything, anytime and anywhere. When can we expect a T-Case and Crossmember Skid Plate? Lots of good info and he usually gives part numbers throughout the video. Perfect offroad car, fully capable and equipped with the rear and front lockers. Copyright var date = new Date(); document.write(date.getFullYear()) Stage3Motorsports.com. Yeah, I agree. Yo!! Hopefully, the blog finds you well. Adding to cart category.add_cart_announcement, Vibrant Performance Open Funnel Air Filter, 5VZ Swap Crossover Exhaust Pipe (Drivers Side Drop), Toyota Mufflers, Catalytic Converter and Parts, Toyota 3.4L 5VZ (95-01) Swap Crossover Exhaust Pipe (Drivers Side Drop) Kit-1043, Toyota Engine- Toyota V6 3.4L 5VZ-FE Engine Dressed Long Block 4runner, T100, Tacoma & Tundra (1995-2004) 5VZ-DLB-9504, Toyota 3.4L/5VZ Engine Install Kit 5VZIN-1, Toyota 5VZ Swap Clutch 3.0L to 3.4L Conversion Clutch Kit, Oil Pan- Toyota 3.4L 5VZ Solid Axle Pan Swap KIT-2006, Toyota 4Runner 1989-1995 3.4L 5VZ Swap Body Lift 3/8" Kit-1040, Toyota 4Runner,Pickup V6 3.0L/3VZE (88-95) Dressed Long Block 3VZ-DLB-8895, Toyota 3.4L 5VZ Swap Crossover Exhaust Pipe (Drivers Side Drop) KIT-1043B, Toyota Pickup Truck 1989-1995 3.4L 5VZ Swap Body Lift 3/8" Kit-1038, Toyota 3.4L 5VZ-FE Swap Oil Pump Dipstick Plug, Toyota 3.4L 5VZ Swap Thermostat Housing with Lower Hose Kit. The data transmission rate should be same, and CAN IDs for the modules are probably the same. With a Toyota Specific Off-Road shop, they will care more about what they are doing (more than likely) as opposed to another run-of-the-mill Jeep shop. It took quite a while to create this overview on 4Runner and just the overall history of 4Runners in general. Rock Sliders! I bought all of the parts for it but it doesnt line up. This makes them very special. Need something that is going to be fairly easy to install.. in the terms of motor mounts and I don't have a welding unit.. Im wondering how to do the headlight and grill swap on my 95 4Runner as showed in the pictures. The complete Tundra wiring harness, every ECU/ECM, and basically all electronics from the Tundra were swapped into the 4Runner. its prob an LM7. I have a 93 Jeep ZJ that I put OME springs and Bilstein 5100s, with 3110.5 shoes. For those who only need to get from point A to point B and take their 4Runner off-road sparingly, the 3.0L will probably do just fine. But inevitably, the need for a fresh powerplant will still rear its ugly head. It has been rebuilt from the block up twice. So when Yota Tech memberhoytyota84found himself in need of a heart transplant for his 90 pickup, he wisely headed to the forums for advice on the matter. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. They featured a removable top and sported a 2.4L I4 engine that produced less than 100 hp. Rear Housing Ford 9 size fully built Tacoma Currie (Currie Enterprise) with adapter kit for the brakes, Custom driveshafts built with a larger U-Joint and larger diameter shafts, 12 KING Coilovers (12 travel on all corners) with remote reservoirs all the way around, 40 Toyo MT 40X13.50R17, 17x8.5 Trailgear Beadlocks with -18 offset, Custom RSG Off-Road hybrid front and rear high-clearance bumpers, $75,000 If you counted labor at $100 per hour we have roughly 750 hrs into it. With that said, Jason stopped by my hotel, picked me up in the T40R and we hit the streets on straight axles and a blown V8. Where can I find a winch bumper for my 2nd gen. looking to buy my first 4runner, going for a 4th gen. Thanks a lot for taking time to create this accurate and informative article. Hey there. Ive used it a lot since and flawless performance and install. If you decide a straight axle swap isnt your sort of thing, dont worry there are plenty of lift kits available. We will also be going over available Off-Road upgrades for each model (1st-5th Gen) and the benefits of each model. Good news is that they fixed the head gasket in 2006, or once you have the hg replaced (about $4k) its good to go. I like the early 2nd gens for their over-the-top ruggedness and rounded square, early 90s styling. 2016 Olathe Toyota Parts Center. Toyota 4Runner Generations: All Model Years | CarBuzz We Cover The Basics To Get You Started! Not the case. Copyright 2023 Trail4Runner.com Trail Made Co. |, Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Upgrade & Install on 5th Gen 4Runner, LASFit Super Bright White LED Reverse Lights 5th Gen 4Runner, How to Retrofit Headlight Housings on the 5th Gen 4Runner Using Morimoto M-LED Bi-LEDs, LASFit Interior LED Bulbs: Cargo Trunk + Map Lights, Trimming Fenders & Fender Flares on 5th Gen 4Runner Fitting 35 Tires With Factory Fenders, Feature Friday: Off-Road Recovery Gear Setups For 5th Gen 4Runner, Backwoods Adventure Mods DRIFTR Roof Rack, J&L OSC (Oil Separator Co.) Catch Can 5k Mile Review For 5th Gen 4Runner, Feature Friday: 10 Amber Lighting Setups For The 5th Gen 4Runner, Canvasback Back Hatch Cover For 5th Gen 4Runner Install & Review, Tight Line Enterprises Magnetic Rod Transport System For The 5th Gen 4Runner Review, N2 Remote Start Module For The 5th Gen 4Runner: Install & Review, KTJO 44 Door Handle Bowl Lights For 5th Gen 4Runner Install & Review, Cali Raised LED Skid Plate Package For The 5th Gen 4Runner, Feature Friday: Rear Window Gullwing Setups For 5th Gen 4Runner, KTJO 4X4 Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel For 5th Gen 4Runner Install & Review, Runnin 4 Tacos Behind the Grille ARB Twin Compressor Mount, Top 6 Towing Accessories & Mods For 5th Gen 4Runner, The Mox Motors Custom Topographic Windshield Wipers Overall Impressions, The C4 Engine Bay Accessory Tray For The 5th Gen 4Runner: Install & Review, The Rago Fabrication Aqua Tank For The 5th Gen 4Runner Installation & Review, KC Cyclone V2 DIY Under Hood Lights 5th Gen 4Runner, 5th Gen 4Runner Beginner Budget Build: Top 6 Mods & Overland Gear To Get You Started, Overview Of Snow Chains For The 5th Gen 4Runner, Feature Friday: 8 Exterior Window MOLLE Panel Setups For 5th Gen 4Runner, 2022 4Runner Overland Build: 10-Month Owner Review & Impressions. A 3.8 is definitely the more powerful option. They specialize in pretty much everything offroad; parts, sales, service, suspension installs, tire/wheel mount and balance, body mount chops, custom fabrication, switch wiring, lightbar wiring, armor installs, and much more. You would most likely have to swap transmissions as well. Although the 3rd gen looks similar, it lost some of my favorite styling elements and ruggedness in favor of a more generic look. In our opinion, the 3rd Gen 4Runner, as of 2015-2017, is probably one of the go-to off-road 4Runners. There are also a few tricks to KDSS that make mods easier. A 4Runner mid-conversion via YotaShoToyOnlySwaps.comp.com. Now for the 2nd Gen 4Runner fun stuff. 10 Months Of 4Runner Ownership & Frequent Modifications: We Like About Our 2022 TRD ORP 4Runner Build I come from a background of performance cars and living in the UK. This dude can seriously build a 4Runner. When I was a kid my father, Craig, restored Early Ford Mustangs and Broncos in beautiful Wheatridge, Colorado. 4Runner Lifestyle It has gotten a lot of attention but particularly from the 4th gen 4Runner owners. Mine is a 2007SR5, v6, 420,000 miles. For the 1st Gen 4Runners, you can get bolt-on transmission adaptors to easily install a chevy 350 or a ford 302 with ease for more power if you decide against the stock engine on the 1st Gen 4Runners. As time went on people started to request more parts such as armor and RSG was reselling other armor companies parts such as RCI, Hefty, CBI, C4 Fabrication, and others. This 5th Gen 4Runner is not only running straight axles on 40 mud terrains but also features a blown Tundra V8. We will be comparing the pros and cons of every 4Runner 1984-Present. I've already discussed it with them. From his 6-bay service and installation shop with a parts showroom (RSG Offroad) to a full-blown team of fabricators in another (RSG Metalworks) Jason has built quite the brand. Talk to the guys at your local 44 shop, theyll be able to tell you. If SAS is not your goal but you still want to wheel, I would look for a 2000-2002 sport with maybe minor front and rear bumper damage (because you would replace with upgrades), mild miles (170-210ish), well-serviced (you can tell by the owner usually), and stock everything. With the 22re 1st Gen 4Runner, you will have a wide range of aftermarket parts as well, which we will get to soon. Trail 4Runner participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links or to other retailer sites from Trail4Runner.com. Has anyone done an engine swap on a 5th gen? How much Its value? pats for sale as well, 92 fourrunner swap 3.0 L standard Engine Swap compatibility. This was actually a very solid engine. Wondering if anyone has knowledge on engine swap possiblities for a 4Runner.. like an earlier model.. early 90's I'm thinking.. Then do a 3.4 swap if you want to keep it toyota or a 7mgte motor. It will also fit the automatic transmission bell-housing. $5000+ for a magnuson is some pretty cash considering what's available out there for crate motors. If you really want to step things up with your 5th Gen, you should consider an adjustable suspension system. And every Generation now. 5-Speed Automatic. This is an awesome articals! The dual overhead camshaft design of the 3.4L lends itself to fuel efficiency and the opportunity for more power upgrades. He uses an aftermarket ecu and wiring harness as well as a different accessory drive configuration to fit in there and retain ac. This is a HUGE addition to the 4Runner world. Its a Tank right off the lot. If we were to buy anything somewhat old, it would be a3rd Gen 4Runner, again. I laugh thinking about that thread on T4R.org.. what did you do to your 5th Gen today oh just swapped a V8 and then supercharged it. (Like you can see here.). Derrik Bustos (@djbustos) 2016 Limited 6. I'm not wasting the time for a 3.4 swap. The 4th gen is my favorite. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a wrecked GX460 in a couple of years. JavaScript is disabled. This Weeks Topic: Off-Road Recovery Gear Hey guys, welcome. I owned a 1999 SR5 and put a few miles on it. Like the previous 4th Gens 4.0, the current 4.0 does not have any major issues. Toyota 4Runner Fitments: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 Toyota 4Runner with 4.0L V6 & 2.7L I4 engines. When and where did your automotive life start? Congrats on the new addition, Shane! The build is sponsored by Summit so it's mostly summit stuff. They are a very small and over-worked with only 116hp. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); [] surprised the heck out of both of us (Herself more than me, I think). Theres a reason why Toyota has such a reputation for quality, and their trucks will run for a very long time. on: Oct 16, 2015, 09:10:42 AM . First of all, theres nothing wrong with the standard Toyota 3.0L V6 engine. Then there are you off-road enthusiasts. I did the 3.4 swap and am happy with it. 4Runner engine swap possiblities? | Toyota Nation Forum I just cant see spending money on another 2.4 or rebuilding this 140lb motor if I can get 200 lbs for nearly the same money. 3rd Gen gal all the way ! There are Straight-Axle Swap kits available for them as well, similar to the 1st Gen 4Runner kits. The 4.7l v8 does have a common issue of cracks/leaks forming in the exhaust manifold but otherwise, it is a bulletproof motor along with the 4.0 6cyl. (and chrome is ugly in my opinion). Just pull the bell housing from a W59 or W56 and it will bolt up. Mods are much cheaper than on toy engine also. LS1 swap? - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum
Skylar Pick Up Lines, Top 10 Liverpool Gangsters, Signs Wife Is Cheating With Co Worker, Giant Eagle Complaints, Katherine Harris Net Worth, Articles OTHER